Friday, June 24, 2011

End of a Chapter

My baby shower was a success last Saturday! We were showered with so many gifts and love. I can’t thank everyone who was involved enough. I have so many amazing friends and family in my life and am so BLESSED!

A question a lot of people asked me at the shower was, “so what have you been craving?” The more I think about it, the more I don’t really have an answer. At the beginning of this pregnancy I was craving cereal, turkey sandwiches, fruit, and airheads. But since then I haven’t had any major cravings. I barely have an appetite these days. I can maybe eat 2 normal meals a day without feeling extremely full and wanting to throw up. If I have a huge lunch, I’ll be full and miserable until I go to bed at night. A “huge lunch” would probably be what I used to call a normal lunch. For instance, for lunch yesterday I had a burrito in a bowl (without the shell) from Moe’s and about 2 handfuls of Tostitos chips with queso. Those made me feel sick-to-my-stomach-can’t-move full. No way I could have eaten dinner last night. Weird I know.

Today was my last day of work!!! I’ve been working at a medical weight loss clinic for the past 1 ½ years. The whole clinic is in the middle of a major transition right now with the staff so I believe it was a PERFECT time to move on. It was a great job and I had the best manager and coworkers in the world. We had some really good times at the office and became really good friends. I’ll definitely miss them, but we will keep in touch! I’ll pop in the office every now and then to say Hi to them and the doc. There were originally 6 of us and only 2 out of the 6 are still employees there. Sad but exciting times for everyone! Now it's time to organize and have a baby!!! The next step is to get back in school and find out what I really want to be when I grow up! haha
These are my "Officially a Housewife" flowers

Weekly Report

How far along? 33 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss:? Probably gained back the 3 lbs I lost last week.? We will find out Wednesday at the doc office.

Maternity clothes? I wore a maternity dress at my shower, but that’s about it.

Stretch marks? No change

Sleep: It’s on and off. One day I won’t be able to sleep then the next I’ll sleep great.

Best moment this week: Last day of work was today! I’m officially a “housewife” and soon to be “stay at home mom” J

Movement: Yep, not as many kicks and jabs but lots of movement. I think she likes to tuck her feet underneath my ribs..so uncomfortable!

Food cravings: This week’s cravings consisted of oranges and candy, specifically Blowpops and sour gummy worms.

Gender: A little princess

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button in or out? Flat like a pancake. The top part of my belly button is starting to poke out a little bit.

What I miss: My coworker gave me a bottle of Strawberry Riesling that she made herself. Yea….. I can’t wait to pop that bottle open in August! It sounds so refreshing!

What I am looking forward to: Going through all our gifts from the shower and organizing everything! I think I’ll start that on Monday.

Weekly Wisdom: What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.

Milestones: Ending a chapter of my life working at the weight loss clinic. Lots of experience and friendships were made.

Sophia is now the size of a honeydew!
Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and her brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, she'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, her bones are hardening, and she started to keep her eyes open when she's awake

No comments:

Post a Comment