Friday, May 20, 2011

Feeling Sleepy

Happy Friday! I’m extra tired today, got no sleep last night, and my mind is in a million different places. With the new house stuff and new baby stuff combined, there are a thousand different things going on in my mind. We need inspections, home insurance, baby furniture, and baby stuff. Plus on all that my last day of work is quickly approaching. Way back in January when I decided I was going to quit my job it sounded like the best thing in the world. Now that it’s only 5 weeks away, I can’t stop thinking about what the heck I’m going to do for the month and a half when I’m not working. I might just go crazy. I know once Sophia makes her debut I’ll be SUPER busy, but what about before that? Well friends, you know who to call if you wanna get some lunch or just take a stroll through the mall. J I’ll be available.

This week we had our 2nd childbirth class. This class focused on relaxation and breathing techniques. I almost fell asleep when we were “practicing” to relax. We also practiced some kegel exercises called elevators. If you don’t know what a kegel exercise is…look it up. You can do them and nobody even knows it. Haha We had to establish our focal point for labor. This could be any object; picture, stuffed animal, figurine, etc. that has some special meaning to you. The use of a focal point will help enhance your relaxation and increase your concentration during a contraction. I choose a picture of Angelo and our 2 dogs. It makes me think happy thoughts!

Weekly Report

How far along? 28 weeks or 7 months!!! BAM 2 more months to go.

Total weight gain/loss:? I finally starred the scale in the face on Wednesday at the doctor’s office. I’ve gained a total of 20 lbs. Don’t judge me. It’s all in my boobs, butt, and stomach. BLEEEHHH

Maternity clothes? Not really. I need to find a couple cute dresses for some special occasions coming up! :-/ Shopping is no bueno these days.

Stretch marks? No more spotted

Sleep: Some nights it’s horrible, some nights it’s great. Last night was horrible.

Best moment this week: We officially ordered the nursery furniture on Sunday! We’re not having it delivered until we move.

Movement: Yes, she punched/kicked Angelo a few times this week. So cute lol

Food cravings: Chicken salad sandwiches have been on my menu for the last 3 days ;)

Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? Flattening out

What I miss: Comfortable sleep

What I am looking forward to: I love weddings and have one to go to next weekend!

Weekly Wisdom: If you don’t stand for anything, you’ll fall for everything. Or something like that.

Milestones: Passed my Glucose Tolerance Test on Wednesday!! Straight A’s

No comments:

Post a Comment