Friday, May 13, 2011

"Save the Baby"

Happy Friday y’all!! This week has been SO busy for us and it’s a glimpse into what the next couple months will be like before Sophia is born. We found a house (whooo!) and now going through all those lovely processes to actually buy the house: inspections, meetings to get our finances together, meetings to find house insurance, etc. Angelo & I have done this process all on our own (we’re so grown up…what happened to us?!), and I think we came out on top! Very exciting stuff! On TOP of the house stuff, we had our 1st childbirth class last night and as of today are officially CPR certified! We really wanted to go to the CPR class due to our little one coming into our home. Did you know a child under 1 year of age can drown in an inch of water?! Crazy, right? Everything from mop buckets to plant planters are potential hazards. And if you know Angelo, you know he’s kinda obsessed with mopping! Haha In the class, the instructor would throw a baby manikin at you and say, "SAVE THE BABY, ALEX!"

The childbirth class was extremely interesting. Our teacher is totally balls-to-the-wall “I don’t get embarrassed about anything”! I think the first thing she said after she introduced herself was, “This is your vagina now…this is your vagina squeezing an 8 pound baby out of it. The good news? It goes back to normal!” Very welcoming right?! ;) It’s a 6 week course and it includes a visit to the hospital’s Labor&Delivery unit and also the nursery where all the sweet wittle babies are! Too much fun! I think Angelo turned green during the 1st labor video we watched. He told me that we had to sit in the back so he wouldn’t be able to see it very well. Our teacher said we’ll be watching TONS of labor videos so hopefully by the end of the 6 weeks Angelo will be used to the “miracle of life”.

Next week I go for my 28wk doctor check up and Glucose Tolerance Test. I get to drink some nasty sugary liquid and sit around for an hour. If I fail that test, I get to hang out for another 2 hours. The test is usually used to test for diabetes, insulin resistance, and sometimes reactive hypoglycemia or rarer disorders of carbohydrate metabolism. Fun fun!

Weekly Report

How far along? 27 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:? This will finally be revealed at the doctor’s office next Wednesday when I face my arch-enemy…the scale.

Maternity clothes? I’ve worn my maternity pants once. Shirts are still non-maternity.

Stretch marks? No more spotted

Sleep: I have to be surrounded by pillows to get a good nights rest and I can’t drink anything right before I go to bed, otherwise I’ll be up at 3 in the morning.

Best moment this week: Childbirth class with Angelo. Something about us being together and learning EVERYTHING there is to know about having babies makes me happy. Also getting CPR certified!

Movement: Yes, she must have some dance parties in there!

Food cravings: Nothing specific.

Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? Flattening out

What I miss: This week I had 2 Greek salads and really missed feta cheese.

What I am looking forward to: Moving! But it won’t be until the end of June.

Weekly Wisdom: Don’t stress the little stuff.

Milestones: Welcome to the beginning of the 3rd trimester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means she's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment