Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

So it's friday once again! That means we've made it another week in this journey called pregnancy! This weekend is Mother's Day (go call tu madres and tell them how much you love them!) and I received my first EVER Mother's Day present...a shiny new white iPhone4! Pretty cool huh?! I think I can get used to this whole "gifts for moms" holiday ;) On a side note: I just want to say that I love my mommy and think she's the best mommy in the world!!! xoxoxo

It's been quite a process the past 6 months or so but it's official that we are MOVING! We spent half of this lovely Friday out house shopping and it was actually kind of fun...until they ask you if you like the house or not. My response all day was "Well, yea I like it but I want to see MORE!" haha I'm addicted to looking at all the different houses now. It's quite an experience going into someone else's house and seeing how they've decorated/taken care of it. All-in-all, hopefully we'll be in a new house by the time my little baby princess Sophia is born. I find it to be perfect timing and maybe a "sign from God" ;-) that the house from one of my favorite movies, Home Alone, just went up for sale!!! Now...if only someone could just lend me 2.4 million dollars to buy it PLUS the $$$ to move me to Chicago, Illinois! I'll be more than happy to put a big SOLD sign out in front whiling doing my best "Home alone face". Any takers?

Weekly Report

How far along? 26 weeks (6.5 months)

Total weight gain/loss:? We'll find out next doc appt. Not going near the scale until then! ha

Maternity clothes? My maternity clothes came in the mail. The shirts don't fit (too big) but the pants fit comfortably. I haven't had to chance to actually wear them yet since I'm in scrubs for work all week.

Stretch marks? No more spotted

Sleep: Ugh, can't get enough. I Spend 1/3 of the night trying to get comfortable or trying to get rid of a charley horse leg cramp.

Best moment this week: Getting a new phone :) lol

Movement: TONS! Sophia must be having some dance parties at night.

Food cravings: Not really this week.

Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button in or out? Flattening out

What I miss: Bending over easily

What I am looking forward to: Finding the house Sophia will grow up in!

Weekly Wisdom: "You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy. I go on a pregnancy message born every now and then to get tips, advice, etc. and some of the ladies on there this week are having a problem being comfortable in their "pregnancy bodies". I weigh more now than I ever have in my life and I have to agree with them that I don't feel like I have that pregnancy "glow" and absolutely don't feel like I'm beautiful right now. But you know what? My body is CREATING another human being right now. So what if I have to weigh this much for the next 6 or more months in my life? That's what it takes to bring a healthy precious baby into this world. I've come to accept that I no longer can button my pants and I look like a giant ball and will probably look like a beached whale in another month or so. I'm not going to spend the next couple months of this pregnancy depressed about my body because I'm sorry but recreating another PERSON obviously is no walk in the park! Brace yourself people! Big mama coming thru!...Now let's see if I still feel this way tomorrow when I have to be in a bathing suit! haha

Milestones: 6 and a half months down!


1 comment:

  1. Got the link to the blog! ;) and I couldn't even enjoy the easter candy Lu stole... Tricks ate them :(
    Cool idea with the blog... Highly impressed..

    - Aeelyn

    ReplyDelete