Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Welcome to the club"

My husband and I found out that our lives would be changed forever on December 20, 2010. When we went to the doctor to confirm, we were told the "bun in the oven" had been cooking for 2 months and the due date is August 11, 2011. My nerves were calmed at the news by the silly smile on my husband's face that wouldn't go away. I knew from the very beginning, the best was yet to come.

Before I found out we were expecting:

I enjoyed running my daily 3-4 miles with my husband.
We went out to restaruant/bars with friends basically every weekend.
I ate a greek salad with feta cheese at least once a week.
I would go shopping and buy shirts, dresses, shoes ALOT.
I didn't know how much I enjoyed sleeping.
I could blindly pick something out of my closet to wear and it would fit.
We drank a bottle of wine with our homemade pizzas.
I looked forward to "bikini weather".

Now that we are expecting:

I feel weird/achy running more than 1 mile at a time
Dinner and movies at home is better than going out.
My greek salads are ordered without the fet,a but close my eyes to imagine there''s feta on my fork.
Shopping trips aren't much fun anymore unless I'm in the baby section, but then I get frustrated that we don't know what I'm having yet.
DO NOT MESS WITH MY SLEEP.
I'm not sure if the clothes in my closet fit. I'm too scared to find out.
Homemade pizza is enjoyed with a ice cold glass of water or if I'm feeling adventurous I'll drink some lemonade.
Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but I really wouldn't mind if it rained all summer long. I don't want to see you in a bathing suit and I don't want you to see me in the bathing suit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment