Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Big Girls DO cry

This past weekend Angelo & I drove down to Miami to have a nice relaxing weekend. I really enjoy mini vacations with just the two of us, especially now that Sophia is on her way into our lives!

Doggies went to grandma & grandpa's house! Rome likes to act like a seatbelt for Bella. He wants to make sure she's secure on car rides.

We saw a Miami Heat game on Friday night.

We hung out in South Beach all Saturday and then went to see Shawn & Marlon Wayans at the West Palm Beach Improv.

It was a fabulous weekend to say the least! I truly LOVE every minute I spend with Angelo!

So... now to the pregnant side of life.
A lot of different things have been making me get a little teary eyed, but some things just make me flat out cry for no reason and then I can’t stop until I look at myself in the mirror and realize I look ridiculous. Nobody looks cute when they cry…I know it’s because of the pregnancy hormones because usually I’ll just say, “Wow that’s really touching/sad/crazy/etc”, and move on with my life. Side note: I hate the word preggo because it makes me feel like I’m comparing this baby in my belly with pasta sauce.
Anyways, here we go…Things that made me cry this week:

Carrie Underwood’s Song
"Since the day they got married
He'd been praying for a little baby boy
Someone he could take fishing
Throw the football and be his pride and joy
He could already see him holding that trophy
Taking his team to state
But when the nurse came in with a little pink blanket
All those big dreams changed.
And now he's wrapped around her finger
She's the center of his whole world
And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect all-American girl."

This Video
http://vimeo.com/19657001 Especially the ending! :'( Happy tear

And this video!

Adopt people! Adopt, Adopt, Adopt!

Enough with the sob story...
Weekly update! Sorry it’s about 4 days late, I’m a slacker when it comes to balancing my blog updates and vacation!

How far along are you?: 22 weeks, 5 days

How big is baby?: Baby's now the size of a papaya!

Weight gain/loss?: About 15 lbs (don’t judge), I gained almost 3 pounds just this past weekend which all the good/bad food we ate in Miami.

Stretch marks?: Nope

Maternity clothes?: Still just sporting the TummySleeve/BellyBand. I actually LOST it this weekend and had to button my pants on Friday night! Most uncomfortable thing evvaa! My shorts still button up with no problem so I made my wardrobe all about shorts this past weekend.

Sleep?: I think I sleep very well! I wake up probably 2x a night just to get re-adjusted.

Best moment this week?: Spending a relaxing weekend with my husband.

Food cravings?: Candy…Easter candy is the BEST!

Gender?: Princess

Movement?: Yep lots of movement here and there. No kicking yet, that I know of?

Belly button?: Still there, but getting flatter though. I can see my scar from my belly ring. Does anyone still even have a belly button ring? Wait, I know someone who does ;) I always tell her its soooooooo 2002. haha

Symptoms?: My legs ache!!

What do I miss?: My absolute favorite drink is in Miami at the Fontainebleau and well, I couldn’t have it this past weekend. L It’s a strawberry champagne cocktail thing. I think I drank 12 of them last Labor Day in Miami.

What I'm looking forward to this week? We have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon. I think I’m finally big enough for them to start measuring me! And we get to hear little Sophia’s heartbeat again, which is always fun!

Baby Sophia is the size of a papaya! Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment